In this episode, we cover some great topics and ideas:
- People Matter, Invest In Them
- Helping people get passion and purpose in their life
- Being faithful with the little things
- From carrying a cross to running a ministry
- Sacramento Dream Center: Reach People, Restore Dreams, Renewing Hope
- Success Stories and Testimonies
Principles of Investing in People:
- 1) Counseling to deal with the past.
- 2) Coaching Forward.
- 3) Find out their passion/calling, and encourage them in it.
Steps to Coaching:
- 1) Be Faithful / Create Faithfulness, Integrity, and Character
- 2) Teach Spiritual Disciplines: Prayer, Reading Bible, Bible Meditation, Worship, Living for Christ, etc.
- 3) Teach them to do it again and again - Practice & Repeat
Advice to new ministers:
- Find out your calling, and do it! “Never Quit!”
- Books on Spiritual Transformation by Author: Dallas Williard (http://www.dwillard.org/)
- Book: Celebration of Discipline by Author Richard Foster
- Get involved in a ministry
- Go on missions trips
- Be available for ministry
- Get in front of hurting people
- Get in the Word
- Take a class on Hermeneutics (How to study the Bible)
- Read Biographies of missionaries
- Read the Bible
- Pastor Darryl Sandford
- Senior Pastor, Sacramento Dream Center
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.sacramentodreamcenter.org
Give to the Sacramento Dream Center at: https://dreamcenter.webconnex.com/donation